Wednesday, February 8, 2012

You've Come a Long Way, Baby!



Karrie Drake Photography will be 3 years old, officially, on February 10th. I am so excited that the Lord has given me the determination, strength, and encouragement to continue on this journey. There have been many times in the course of these 3 years that I've wanted to throw in the towel. It is so easy to get discouraged in this business. Mmm, in any business really. Dealing with and fighting against the forces of the world and the opinions of many is no small feat. I struggle daily with resisting the magnetic force that are my eyes to compare my myself, my business, and my images with others in my field. The reality is that there are always going to be people in my field who are better than I am in certain areas, in all areas even. I am okay with that because I am exactly where God wants me to be.
I look at my oldest son, Julian, who will be 5 years old in a matter of months. My journey began when he was less than 2. I remember coming across a photographer's website in middle Georgia where we were living at the time. Her work was widely known in the area. She photographed every stage of life. I was so inspired by her work and by the public confession of her faith in Jesus. It moved me. I wanted to take better pictures of my son. So, after the prompting of my friend, I contacted Kyle Hitchcock. She was instantly welcoming. Kyle invited me to her home studio to talk shop and to take some pictures of Julian. She answered all my questions and replyed to every e-mail. Kyle encouraged me to practice, to shoot in raw format and maual mode so that I could learn my camera. She also suggested that I start a blog. Documenting your journey through a blog is so eye opening. Looking at my very first images under Karrie Drake Photography is quite humbling. If I am totally honest with myself I will admit that I had no business starting a business when I did. It has been slow. I knew next to nothing when I started. I continue to be a work in progress. My journey began in Georgia and God sent me in the path to meet Kyle. I am so thankful for the wealth of knowledge she shared with me. She was and continues to be a great inspiration to me.

I'll be sharing more of my photog journey tomorrow. Until then, please take a look at where I started and where I am presently in my work.

Want to see my very first newborn shoot? Look Here!
Here is the most recent newborn shoot...Look Here!

Want to see my very first maternity shoot? Check it out!
Here is the most recent maternity shoot...Check it out!

Want to see my very first birthday party {event}? Mira. Mira.
Here is the most recent birthday party {event}...Mira. Mira.

4 comments:

Karri Hodges said...

I love this Karrie - thank you for sharing your journey and you are blossoming with your photographer skills. Beautiful!

Jamie said...

Love this as well! You're journey is beautiful and love your work! You inspire me in many ways, congrats on your ever evolving business!

HappyascanB said...

Congrats on three years!!! I admire your humility and grace! But you have always been super talented, my friend! I love watching God bless you through this talent!!

HappyascanB said...

Congrats on three years!!! I admire your humility and grace! But you have always been super talented, my friend! I love watching God bless you through this talent!!

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography