Monday, January 16, 2012

Motivation for Monday: Light of the World


John 8:12 ~ When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

My husband has been telling me that the sunrises on the beach are phenomenal and that I should go check it out one morning while he is at home. Most weekend days I am so tired from the week that I just want to sleep in, you know what I mean?  Well, I did end up going to the beach last weekend, after all it is maybe a mile from our house. I brought my camera because I was expecting God to perform for me. I mean, since I got out of bed and drove down to the beach I wanted to see a dramatic and beautiful sunrise. It was down right cold outside, but I waited. I walked around for a while and found some stray drift wood that washed up on the shore. Still waiting for the Artist to perform, I walked the drift wood to my car. The time ticked on, the sun was surely rising, but what I saw was disappointing me. The sky was severely overcast and the only color that I saw was on the horizon. I was missing the sunrise because the clouds we in the way. Man! I got up out of bed for this...
I heard the Lord speak to my heart. He said, "Karrie, be still. Stop moving and look up." So, I looked up in the sky. I still see dark clouds, but this time I noticed that little rays of lighted color started to show through the dense clouds. The Lord spoke to me again. "I am able to use the darkness. You will see My Light shine through at the darkest point. I will penetrate the thick darkness. You will have hope & strength. Remain in Me." All I had to do was stop looking at the obstacle, which in this case was the clouds. I had to look beyond the darkness to see the lighted color of the sunrise. I began to see with my eyes and with my heart what God was telling.
Everyone's darkness is different. Finances, unemployment, the loss of a loved one, health issues, guilt, any kind of doubt, any type of uncertainty, maybe even depression itself is your darkness. God is able to use it to glorify Himself in your life and through your situation. He is able to provide everything you need. He is able to heal. He is able to move the mountains of doubt into the deep ocean. Trust in Him. He will show up you just have to look beyond your darkness. Love you friend. Be encouraged today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography