Monday, January 9, 2012

Motivation for Monday & A Father's Wise Words


Julian wanted a "Big Toy Robot Godzilla" for Christmas. He reminded my husband & I often. When he ate a new food, he mentioned Big Toy Robot Godzilla. When he was sharing, he mentioned Big Toy Robot Godzilla. He wanted to see a picture of it on the computer whenever Beau or I would check our email. He asked so much that we finally just printed a picture of it to put on his wall in his room. Beau & I looked and looked for this toy and bought it for Julian to open for Christmas. Then after we bought the toy, we would laugh knowing that he was going to get it, but he had to wait until Christmas. Julian was very persistent.

The Lord has brought 2 things to mind when thinking about this memory with Julian:
1. Think about how much you love your children and the extent you would go to make them happy.
2. Think about how persistent Julian was with his desire of the Big Toy Robot Godzilla. He asked until he
    received it.

I am BLOWN AWAY by the places and times God speaks to me and my husband regarding our children, our marriage, and our daily walk with Him. I have wondered how much God really loves me. I know what the Bible says. I hear what pastors and facilitators tell me the Bible says. I want it to be tangible. This weekend God used my husband to speak to me. Beau shared with me a very tender revelation he heard from God in his quiet time. "Think of how much you love your sons. Your love for them isn't even a tenth of how much I love you." Whoa! Dude! Not even a tenth. I can feel, hug, kiss, hold, and say "I love you" to my son and he can reciprocate. This is the tangible love God has given me to experience a greater love than myself. If God has given you a help mate, friend, sibling, parent, child, even a pet, that is a tangible love that He has given to you. He can do all things; He can love you through anyone or anything He chooses.
Now, about Julian's persistence. He didn't stop asking until he received what he wanted. It made me ponder my prayer life. How often I pray. What I pray about. How often I've stopped being persistent in prayer because I don't see what I want coming. I give up. The Bible is clear about the benefits of hope and the importance of persistent prayer. I've been convicted to revisit my prayer list and prioritize it and make it more a priority.
I want to share 2 verses today that came from my devotional Jesus Calling.


1. Romans 12:12 ~ Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.

2. Romans 15:13 ~ Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may
                          overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I hope you have a blessed Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography