Monday, November 21, 2011

Motivation for Monday




Galatians 3:26-29
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.


Eternity is forever. Some believe in life after death; some believe that this life on earth is it. I am currently in a Bible Study on Revelation by Beth Moore. Many times I've attempted to read Revelation on my own to try to make sense of it with commentaries, but this in depth study has taken me far beyond any past perceptions or findings of this perplexing book. I am so thankful for godly scholars and for faithful teachers of the Word. My heart is being molded and freed through this study. To live each day knowing Whom I belong to is a victory and a great comfort. I am His! You too can enjoy this kind of confidence. Alot of godly revelations have stuck with me so far in this study. The one I am about to share though is one that many others may struggle with: Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and still wonder if you'll make it to heaven? Man! I have. There are times in my life when I thought, "Lord, I love you so much. Will I even get to see Your face?"
Let me tell you what I've learned and what the Bible has confirmed for me. The enemy's way to torment us on earth is by FEAR. Fear can be debilitating. It can paralyze someone into an unhealthy habit. Fear can trick someone into believing a lie. Christian, have confidence today that if you have accepted Jesus into your heart, you've prayed the sinner's prayer and meant it with your whole being, YOU ARE HIS! You belong to Christ. You are an heir according to the promise given to Abraham. It doesn't matter what ethnic group, what culture, what economic status, what gender you are...we are all one in Christ Jesus. Please imagine this with me, the God of the universe looks down upon you with His perfect love and declares, "This one is Mine!" He says it with the warmest smile on His face and all the angels in heaven shout "Amen!". You are HIS! Believe it.


John 10:26-29
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; NO ONE can snatch them out of my hand.
My Father who has given them to me, is greater than all; NO ONE can snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and the Father are one." {emphasis mine}


Thank you Lord for your promises that we have the right and the power to claim in the name of Jesus.
I hope you have a blessed and very Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, and a Happy Monday, too :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography