Friday, July 20, 2012

Flashback Friday: Coca-Cola



I love vintage finds. This 15 cent Coca-Cola machine is circa 1943 (approximately). It reminds me of the story my Papa told me about the first time he drank a coke. I also love my family of storytellers who give me morsels of life experiences to write down and share with my children.
Did you know that Doctor John Pemberton concocted this formula for Coca-Cola in May of 1886? He was a pharmacist in Atlanta, GA. It's fascinating to me because I also love history. {Sidenote: Beau & I are self-acclaimed history buffs. Yeah, we're total history geeks. e even watch The History Channel.} When you see the colors and the font, it's unmistakable what it is. The brand is all over the place. It's now an internationally known and consumed product. Did you know that Dr Pemberton's bookeeper was the one who suggested the name and wrote down the name in his perfect penmanship. The lovely font you know well, above, is from  the well scripted hand of the good Dr.'s bookeeper.
Well, if you didn't know any of these things before, you know them now. Enjoy your weekly dose of Flashback Friday. Hope you have a happy & enjoyable weekend! xo

3 comments:

stephanie said...

So fun! My 12 year old collects Coca Cola memorabilia - he'd LOVE this :)

heatherstockett said...

Love Coke!!

Anonymous said...

Awe! That's so cool!

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography