Monday, May 28, 2012

Motivation for Monday: Memories



This weekend has been fun-filled and packed with outings. One of our outings was to the Sylvan Bird Sanctuary in Scotland Neck, NC. We met some friends of ours and their sweet children to enjoy the bird park and have a picnic lunch. The day was sunny and gorgeous. We were supplied with a scavenger hunt on our way in. It was cool for the kids to find and identify some of the birds we observed. Within the bird park, there were separate entrances to see the birds in their habitat up close. On one of the pathways we found this little duck that had escaped. Julian & John instantly spotted him and began to follow him. Watching our little ones follow the duck, Beau chants, "waddle, waddle, quack, quack". This chant took me back to my childhood. I can remember visiting my grandparents near Sebastian Beach, FL. They had a little vacation spot near the beach. Their development had a swimming pool. My siblings & I loved to visit. It was part of our summer vacation. We usually visited around the 4th of July. We would swim until our feet and fingers were pruned. On our way back to the house from the pool my grandmother would chant, "waddle, waddle, quack, quack!" as she walked behind us. Our wet feet rubbed against our rubber flip-flops as we walked. It made a squeaking sound that resembled a quacking duck. I can remember like it was yesterday. Great memories. Today, I am thankful for my childhood memories and for the memories that I am making with my children. Thank you, Lord!

Philemon 1:4 ~ "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography