Friday, May 25, 2012

Flashback Friday





Cracker Jack! Yummy caramel covered popcorn & peanuts. Oh, when I was  little girl I could put a dent in a box of these. You can have the peanuts though; I only ate the popcorn :) I can remember when my mom went grocery shopping she would bring home one of two things: Animal Crackers or Cracker Jacks. My brothers & sisters and I loved the Cracker Jacks because there was always a prize inside. It didn't really matter that the prize would wind up in the garbage by the next day. It was the suspense and excitement of wondering what kind of prize was inside. {Great marketing strategy, by the way.}
I went grocery shopping the other day and saw this Cracker Jack bag at the check-out counter. I picked it up and couldn't help but to smile. A flood of childhood memories filled my mind. I had a blessed & happy childhood. I pray that my boys will remember their childhood fondly, as I do. 
So, tell me what's the fun treat from your childhood? I'd love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography