Monday, April 2, 2012

Motivation for Monday: A Little Peace



Trials, hardships, troubles, distresses. These words do not bring us peace or comfort, but they are a reality that we all face in life. Personally, this season has been difficult for me. A friend of mine introduced a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. The subtitle is: Enjoying Peace in His Presence. I could definitely use some that. Peace. This devotional has been a blessing to read. The Truth really helps me understand the lies that I've come to believe in my life. Listen to an excerpt from today's reading, "I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace. I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to get rid of those weeds."  
After venting to my grandmother one day about needing more patience among other things, she reminded me that I already have it. The day I asked Jesus to come into my heart He took up residence. He moved in. His Holy Spirit planted the fruit. It's already there. I just have to actively seek it out. So, the peace that I need so badly is already in my heart because God planted it in there when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Believing it is a decision. Displaying it in my life is going to take work. Those weeds of pride and selfishness often pop up, but they always will. I have to expect them. I won't be rid of them until the Lord takes me home to be with Him. He doesn't expect me to be perfect. Jesus took care of that for me on the cross. Peace be with you today!

John 14:27 ~ Peace I leave with you; my peace I give youI do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography