Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Refuge!










Hello there. This weekend I got to experience the coolest little photography retreat. Melanie & Jeff Mansfield of Fresh Photography hosted a photography retreat, Fresh Perspectives Workshop, at The Refuge in Ayden, NC. Five local photographers including myself signed up for this amazing weekend filled with lots of photography goodness for our learning pleasure. Lighting, posing, angles, and portfolio reviews are among some of the subjects we covered. I got spoiled with some good tasting food that I've never had before. Sweet potato pancakes and chicken salad sandwiches seasoned with curry are just a couple of the yummies we had. Melanie shared stories and showed her fabulous products that she offers her clients. Jeff showed us the benefits of using lighting and how to use lighting in our photography. All five of us girls were listening intently to them while writing notes. We also shared some of our own personal stories and experiences, asked questions, received timely advice. I was totally nervous about my session review. I haven't had another artist critique my work since college. Melanie was very helpful and gave me some things to work on, which I simply can't wait to do. It was so much fun staying up late talking {3:30 a.m.} I don't think I've stayed up that late on purpose in a LONG time.
The following day the models arrived, a few families that came out to The Refuge. Melanie & Jeff arranged for the models to come out for us to practice some the techniques we talked about. These families were absolutely gorgeous! We all got a chance to photograph the families together and individually. I feel so blessed that the Lord has given me the opportunity to do something like this. I just wish I would've done it sooner. The photog retreat was so great that I definitely plan to do it again as soon as I am able. I treasure this time I had with some lovely lady photogs and with Melanie & Jeff. God is so good. {Above}Check out some of the pics I took at The Refuge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography