Sunday, December 18, 2011

Motivation for Monday: Life & Death


Ecclesiastes 3:11~ He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. {emphasis mine}


Here we are at the beginning of the week of Christmas. For me, Christmas brings so many fond memories, joyful memories. Memories of childhood plays and musical concerts. {Side note: I used to play the flute.} Memories of singing Silent Night by candle light with my family during Christmas Eve service. Memories of going to grandma & papa's for dinner and listening to the story of Christ's birth. Now that I have my own family I've been thinking about what memories my sons will have of their past Christmases. I have been focused on being intentional this Christmas. I have been sharing the Christmas story with Julian and John. I want my boys to know that they are blessed, that they are loved. I want my boys to know why we celebrate Christmas, that its not about receiving toys, baking cookies, and feasting. Although those are some of the blessings and traditions we take part in, the real reason is to celebrate Jesus coming to earth. Our Savior is Christ the Lord. 


I have also been thinking about those who don't look forward to Christmas, those who don't feel the joy that movies and commercials portray on television. Decorations and Christmas carols make them sad or maybe they even make them angry. They are those who have lost someone they love. They are those who weren't expecting to spend Christmas alone this year. They are those who need...need love, need reassurance, need an answer to their question. Why?

This past week I finished a Bible Study on Revelation. I have learned so much during this study. I love in depth Bible Study. Questions get answered. Did you know that Christ's ultimate enemy is NOT Satan. His ultimate enemy is Death. Yeah, its true my friend. Jesus hates death! Don't you wonder why we just never get over it? We know its a certain thing about life. If you live and breathe now, you will die one day. It is a fact. We all know it. It doesn't matter if death comes by tragedy, by illness, by expected circumstances...its sting is always the same. God set eternity in our hearts when He created us. We have souls that will live forever. We say that death is natural, but its not. Death sucks.

John 10:10 ~ The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. {God intends life for us}


Revelation 20:14 ~ Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. {"Death will stand before the righteous Judge as if an animated persona and receive its eternal sentence with the final blow of God's gavel." ~Beth Moore Here and Now, There and Then.}

If you have ever lost someone you love, know that Christ hates death too. He mourns with you. Let that sink in. He bore every sin on the cross of Calvary so that He could share eternity with you. Smile friend, Jesus loves you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography