Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bokeh!


Merry Christmas week! Happy 4th Advent Sunday :)

I have been poking around pinterest and have seen so many pictures and tutorials on Bokeh. Okay, so what is Bokeh?

What: Bokeh is an aesthetic achieved in photography otherwise known as "the blur". It is most often displayed
          using lights, but can also be seen as any out of focus area in a photograph.

Settings: I used my 50mm, 1/25 sec, f 1.8, ISO 1600 {I turned my auto focus to manual and played around
             with the different focus points.

Where & Other Stuff: I turned out all other lights in the house but the Christmas Tree. I played around with
                                  my ISO to get the brightness just how I wanted it.

Try it out. Its fun to learn new stuff and share with others. You never know what you might stumble upon just playing around with the manual settings while getting to know your camera. You may find that an image you capture strikes you to order an enlargement to display in your own home. Have fun!

If you like new ideas for home, garden, potty training, inspiration for the day, books, gifts, recipes, the list goes on forever, check out pinterest. If you're already on, follow me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography