Thursday, October 6, 2011

What He Desires






Isaiah 55:10 and 11
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

The farmers have come around to harvest the cotton. It seems like just last month the fields were green with cotton leaves and now only remnants of white cotton balls tumble in the road as I drive by.  It is amazing to me that cotton is a plant. Something that is grown from the earth is woven and dyed and sewn for our bodies to wear. Amazing.
God thought of everything when He created the earth. He knew all that we'd need. Living out here in the country has opened my eyes to things that I didn't even consider when I lived in the city. God has a purpose for every season in our lives. I am so thankful that He is showing Himself to me in this way. The Lord desires for me to grow closer to Him, for all of us to grow closer to Him. The Lord promises that His word will accomplish His desire and achieve His purpose. I love that He has a plan for me, for my marriage, for our family. We can trust Him. He is a loving God, more loving than we can possibly imagine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography