Monday, October 31, 2011

Motivation for Monday



Ingredients: 
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of CHicken Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup frozen peas
1 can Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in water {drained}
2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
2 TBSP dry bread crumbs
1 tsp butter, melted
What to Do:
1. Stir soup, milk, peas, chicken, and noodles in 1 1/2-qt casserole
2. Bake @ 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.  Stir
3. Mix bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle on top. Bake for 5 minutes more

*This recipe comes from Swanson. You can add or substitute ingredients to you liking. 
{I served this meal with biscuits and sweet tea!}

 
   Have you ever gotten into a recipe rut? You have this list of meals that you make. After a time the list just gets stale. Not that the meals aren't good, but that you're tired of them. This has happened to me recently. 
   I have been searching for new meals to make for my family. During the football season it's necessary for me to either pre-make a meal or make a meal that will not take much time. Football season is full of events, festivities, and schedules. Having a meal ready for my man when he comes home from a long day at work is not something that happens every night, but I do try. It really helps to have recipes that are easy to make and that have only a handful of ingredients to prepare.
   My man is all about protein. Canned tuna, chicken, and salmon are a must. I buy Swanson Chunk Chicken Breast in water. The note on the can "Recipes on the inside label" caught my eye, so I ripped it off and found this recipe for Chicken & Noodle Casserole. My family enjoyed it. The boys ate it and wanted more. It was easy to make. The ingredients are few. So, I'd like to share it with you. If you decide to try it or have tried it already please come back and leave me a comment to let me know how your family liked it. Happy Monday!

In the Spirit of giving I found this verse to share with you today:

I Peter 4:9 {NLT} - Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography