Monday, December 10, 2012

Elfing: This Burns My Britches!

It all started very innocently, really. Jet was in the lamp shade one morning. Despite how light the photos look, it was a bit dark in our living room at the time. I woke up, a little groggy, turned the lamp on, turned the Christmas lights on, then turned on the coffee. I probably should have turned the coffee on first, then took a sip before doing anything else. Next thing I know, Beau, with wide eyes, is bringing Jet to me. The burnt smell of felt and cardboard overcame my nostrils, then the coffee kicked in. "Oh shoot! I turned on the lamp with Jet still hanging on the lamp shade." (This is a face to palm moment)
So, Beau, with his great story telling skills comes up with a grand scene. The boys were playing in the play room. Beau calls the house phone and pretends to be Santa, "Jet is in trouble. He dispatched from the North Pole and went through the wrong vent in the house. He has been injured! Please, help find him." Julian & John were frantic looking up and down, in and out of the house. Finally, Beau gave them a hint. Jet was in the dryer with all the clothes. He had come through the dryer vent by mistake and burned his britches. This was believable. So, the next morning Jet was in a cup of ice with some green felt and thread conveniently set beside him with a note: "Fix me! Please & Thank You." I am so thankful for my Girl Scout experience because I sewed those burned britches up like champ, or at least in my eyes. I'm pretty proud of my stiching job. Thanks Girl Scouts...and Mom :)

The Moral of this story: Don't put your elf in a place that is potentially flammable. 

Enjoy our Elfing adventure. Laugh. Poke fun if you will, but please do share!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography