Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Motivation for Monday: I missed it!



Sorry I missed Motivation for Monday yesterday. We were busy with our first day of kindergarten. I am so proud of Julian. He just went right into the school day eager to learn and to know what this year's homeschool experience was going to be like with Mom {me}. Last year we used the Letter of the Week and some of the K-4 curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I still plan to implement the World's Greatest Artists and the Roadtrip USA, so that Julian gets to work on some really cool projects. I want learning to be fun for him. This year we are using the kindergarten curriculum from My Father's World. I was very excited about the literature list. I love to read! I feel at home surrounded by stacks of books. I want my boys to love to read as well. 
I plan to make a picture like this for each year the boys are in school, or as long as they'll let me do it. The best thing I did this summer was paint that wall with chalkboard paint. The old nursery is now our school room. It's not perfect, but it's ours. Here's to a successful school year, no matter if you're homeschooling or sending your little ones to school. Let it be a wonderful school year!

4 comments:

Courtney Moore said...

Your boys are precious! Happy first day of school - I love the chalkboard wall too :)

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE THIS!!! I was just trying to plan my own boys "1st day of school pictures", this gives me lots of inspiration. Kudo's to you for home schooling, that takes a lot! :) Love the chalkboard wall, too! Good luck this year!

Amanda Miller said...

What a cute photo!

heatherstockett said...

That is adorable!

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography