Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jessica & Jessie {married}

The Wedding of Jessica & Jessie

The Wedding Gown: Jordan Bridal
The Rings: Blue Nile
The Maid of Honor Dress: Jessica Simpson
The Guy's Ties & Ringbearer's Shirts: J. Crew
The Ceremony & Reception Venue: Elk Park, NC
The Florist: Mom & Grandma
The Band: The Moon & You
The Caterer: Woodlands BBQ

This wedding was special for me in so many ways. I am beyond honored that my brother and his new wife wanted me to capture their Wedding Day. They were married by our Grandma at a destination that is very close and special to our family. The details of this day were thoughtfully put together by Jessica. Both our families pitched in their time and talent for this beautiful affair. 
The weather was reminiscent of fall. There was just a hint of coolness in the air with clear skies and a gorgeous mountain view. When Jessica told me she wanted to do a First Look, I was screaming & jumping up and down inside, then calmly responded with, "Oh, great! That'll be so romantic." IT WAS! I am a huge supporter/ advocate of the First Look! The emotions and sentiments that are exchanged during a First Look are irreplaceable. You just can't stage true raw emotion. I LOVED their First Look. 
{It was my 1st First Look too!}
The event went very smoothly thanks to Kaylen, our sister, who was the event coordinator. She itemized the timeline and directed the Bridal Party during the ceremony. It was so cool to work with her. Let's talk about the band, The Moon & You. Love the idea of having a band in lieu of a DJ. They did such a great job of serenading the witnesses of this whole event from ceremony to reception. Loved the band. 
There were lots of man hands helping move chairs and tables to ready the reception area right after the ceremony. They did such a pro-job at transitioning you hardly realized they did it. There are many details all over the place. I could not fit them all on one post. But I do hope you get a feel for this beautiful day. 
Now, I'll let you view the images. Enjoy!



{Above Details: Thumb print tree as the Guest Book, a mossy initial hung on the tree, a basket for cards, and  BBQ rub in corked bottles for the guests to take home.}







The First Look. Swoon!



Charleigh, the cutest little flower pup. 





Gorgeous Bridal Party! I love these people :)



The Ring-monkeys...uh,errr, bearers. They're mine :)




The Kiss!


{Above Details: Flowers by Mom & Grandma, Homemade Granola made by Jessica as seating arrangements, assorted sizes of wine bottles hold cold drinking water for the guests. Cake - Strawberry & almond cake topped with fresh strawberry icing...it was GOOD!}


They look so happy :) A lovely first dance! 
No one would ever guess I shot this with John-John on my left hip :)
BIG shout-out to Uncle Mike for helping me with the boys so that I could shoot this wedding. 
Thank you, thank you, thank you!






 Love, love, love the sparkler line. The perfect exit!

8 comments:

Krista Jacobs said...

I love these!! Makes me wish I had a big wedding!! :) These will last a lifetime! Beautiful work <3

Rhonda Brown said...

Great captures, Karrie!! Beautiful memories!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

heatherstockett said...

How very special and sweet!

Cute little monkeys ;)

Jamie said...

So, So beautiful! Some of your best work is in this album, you can just feel the love you poured into it! Great job, love your family! Especially those monkey's, since I have a few of my own. ;o)

Unknown said...

So sweet and precious. The pictures are beautiful and I will cherish them! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

Niki Collis Photography said...

Beautiful wedding, I love all of the little details!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful images of a beautiful wedding!

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography