Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Encouragement!


The photography world has grown immensely in gadgets and in professionals. The styles and genres of photography seem endless. Looking at new up and coming photographers and reading forums and learning about new software and upgrading equipment, it can all be quite overwhelming. I get caught up in it at times. Comparing and critiquing work is a natural response to the plethora of photography out there. The thing I've learned is that I can not compare my own to work to others'. It's enough to drive me nutty, not to mention get me down on myself. I had to compare my past work to my present work. This is the only way that I will stay true to myself and my own style. Comparing my work to someone else's just tempts me to copy. I definitely don't want to be known as the copycat photographer. I want to be unique and original. The quote above really inspires me to do what I ought to do and that is to focus on my own progress and work. I am going to keep striving to do my best and to stay true to my own vision for my business. I believe that God has a special plan for me and for my business. I know for a fact that He intends good toward me. I can do all things with Him.

This all gets me thinking about encouragement. Not every one's Love Language is Words of Affirmation, but I think that everyone can benefit from a little encouragement. I challenge you to encourage someone today, whether it's a friend, a parent, a colleague, the person at a check-out counter, anyone. Words are so powerful. Let's use them for good. You will be blessed for it.

If you are wondering what in the world a Love Language is, please check out the book The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. It will open your eyes to how you show love and how your loved ones need to be loved. Knowing how someone needs to be loved is so important. I love this book and highly recommend it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography