Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Birds


{The above image was taken at the Miami Seaquarium}

We've been watching a lot of RIO around here lately. My boys love to hear the music and dance around the house. I have to admit that I really like that movie too. Never underestimate the subliminal messages of a cartoon movie because RIO has definitely persuaded me to consider travelling to visit Rio de Janeiro. The culture, the music, the people, the colors all seem so vibrant. Plus, I think it would be really cool to see the Christ the Redeemer statue. 
Watching RIO has made me ponder what birds think. Yes, I realize what I just said. Stay with me :) Birds, were created to fly and to be free. Do they worry or wonder where their food will come from? Do they worry if they'll make it to the south for warmer climate in order to avoid a harsh winter? God didn't create them to worry. He gave them instincts to just know what to do.
I could seriously type out a laundry list of worries and anxieties. I'm the "what if" kinda girl. Well, what if this happens...I need to have an action plan for that. And if that happens then I'll have to do this that and the other.  My list ranges from when will I have time to go grocery shopping, to I have no idea what to get my husband for his birthday, to am I doing an alright job as a SAHM, to how much money should I invest in my business. I looked in the mirror today and realized that worry doesn't make me sound any more wise than the next person and it sure hasn't done a positive thing for the wrinkles that are very prominent in between my eyebrows. Seriously, if Jesus says that we shouldn't worry, then we shouldn't worry. But it's not that easy, is it? I know it's not that easy for me. It takes practice. Worry, for me, is a daily practice. So maybe I'm practicing that wrong thing here. The opposite of worrying about this that and the other is trusting in God. When we trust in God we experience His peace. When we have the peace of God worry is no where to be found. It tries to pop up and if we go into our old practices of worrying, it'll reign in our life. The birds of the air don't worry because God their Creator provides all their needs. Consider how much more valuable you are. The next time you find yourself worrying about something, minute or significant, practice saying out loud, "I trust in You, Lord. No matter what happens I know that You have a plan for me. Your Word tells me that Your plan for my life is to prosper me and not to harm me. I pray for Your Peace to replace the worry that repeats in my mind. In Jesus Name. Amen." Now, please know that I am no expert. I am just sharing with you what I feel the Lord has told me through my quiet time. This spiritual journey is lifelong. I hope you feel encouraged today. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography