Monday, September 5, 2011

Motivation for Monday



I love this little man. He is enjoying a cookie from The Pink Panda. These cookies are amazing. I highly recommend you order some for your next special occassion. Amber is so sweet and easy to work with. All her cookies are custom & homemade.
While we are on the subject of sweet things that taste good, I thought I'd bring up God's Word.

Psalm 34:8 ~ Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Proverbs 16:24 ~ Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

God's Word, the Holy Bible, is to act as food for our spirit. {I am speaking to myself here} I don't know about you, but when I don't spend time with God I tend to totally wreak of bad attitude and sour spirit. Being a busy mom, a football coach's wife, teacher, housekeeper, the lists of duties for all of us add up and then there is no time for reading anything. Even if we really do need it to uplift our day, the Bible just sits on the shelf or in the bag that we bring to church with us on Sundays. I think of the women in my life whom I know for a fact wake each morning purposefully to spend time with Jesus before they start their day. Me? I covet sleep. I want to get in as much sleep as I can because I am a sleep deprived woman. I will share a little Christian Mommy trick though. Devotions. They are short. They are sweet. They are a nibble of God's Word to tide me over until the next little nibble. One that I have used recently is Beth Moore's Audio CD. This is a compilation of excerpts from her various Bible Studies. I have listened to this many times recently in the car while the boys sit in the back watching The Wonder Pets :)  Since we live in the country now it takes about 20-30 minutes to get anywhere, so I get a little bit of God's Word and it is so meaningful for my day. Another one I loved using was an actual devotional magazine called Journey. This is a monthly magazine that you can subscribe to. It is filled with daily Scripture verses and a story by an author. It always touches me and I often find myself texting the verse to various people in my family or circle of friends because I want to share what I've just read. Journey also displays a pretty photograph on the front cover along with photos on the inside that are pleasing to look at. That's a bonus for me :)
Despite your busy day, week, life, you can still be filled with the goodness of God's Word. It's not the quantity of time, but the quality of time. The Lord knows you and all you have on your plate. He wants to help you with that plate. He wants to take the heaviness off of it so that it is light to carry. He will meet you right where you are; He will give you all that you need for the coming day. Be Blessed today Sweet Friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography