Monday, November 8, 2010

Motivation for Monday


Remembering When...

Do you live in a town where stores are closed on Sundays?  Maybe you've visited a town like this.
My husband is from a town like this. I, on the other hand, grew up in a bigger city where everything was open all days of the week. The only places that closed on the weekends were banks. Moving to South Florida was a culture shock for Beau. I didn't understand why until he brought me home to meet his parents. We took a long weekend and flew into Greenville, NC. The Greenville airport was the smallest airport I'd ever been in and the plane we came in on was the smallest airplane I'd ever flown on. Greenville is home to the ECU Pirates. Beau spent 2 years here in college. But this was not Beau's home. We had to rent a car and drive about 1hr and 45min. up near the North Carolina/Virginia border. The drive was nice actually. I had never seen so much green in all my life. (Living in South FL, you get used to the concrete, I guess.) As we drove along, I remember Beau preparing me verbally for the small town he was about to introduce to me. I assured him that I had visited small towns before. As we began our entry into his hometown, I was on the edge of my seat...literally. I was looking from left to right in amazement. "What a cute little house." I'd say. "That's the post office." he'd answer. Oh My! The best was yet to come though. We came to his parents' house. They were the sweetest people. A meal was waiting for us when we arrived. We ate, talked, looked at pictures, and then we were off to a special place. Beau took me to dinner. The restaurant he took me to was none like I'd ever been to before. It was on the river. The restaruant looked like a big house from the outside with white Christmas lights that left a reflection in the water. We sat in a spot where we had view of the river and the night sky. We took a walk on the dock after dinner. The sky was filled with stars. The stars sparkled like diamonds in the sky. It was gorgeous. What a memorable visit to NC with my future husband. Thinking back now, we had NO IDEA what laid ahead for us. It is so strange that 2 perfectly opposite people from opposite places could come together in the name of Love and actually make it work. Well, we haven't done anything without the help of the Lord. It is wonderful to think back though and remember and then to look presently at all God has blessed us with. Our story started here and here we find ourselves again. Interesting!

I hope you are having a Happy Monday!

Good memories are worth remembering and revisiting. If you are going through a tough time right now, think of all the times God was faithful and brought you up out of trouble. He will be faithful again. Trust Him!

For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. ~Psalm 33:4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography