Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Self-Portrait & A Reflection

Well, today's post is another "self-portrait". I couldn't think of another creative "self-portrait" pose, so we have yet another face shot. A more serious one at that. Hope my photography class doesn't mind repetitive shots :)

Just a reflection for the day:
I've been reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. What a great book. A heart breaker, bittersweet. I admire Mr. Sparks for putting God and Jesus in his books. More often than not, one of his characters is a believer. I love that. Anyway, reading this book has made me realize something about myself and about my everyday life. I want to praise God for the mundane. Yes, you heard me right. The everyday routine; the uneventful rituals that take up most of my days. Why? Well, because as I write this I'm looking to my left and I see my husband on the floor playing with our son. Julian has his action figures in his little toddler hands. He is having the best time running to & fro with trails of giggles that are contagious. The TV is on the news. Our feline friends are nestled on the couch. We just finished eating dinner. Even though I still have to clean up the kitchen, right now it doesn't bother me. I love my life. This is the life that the Lord has blessed me with and I am so thankful. Lord, don't let me lose sight of the mini-miracles of my everyday life. I encourage those who read this to take a closer look at your everyday life. There are blessings surrounding you and the God of our Universe delights in giving them to you. Savour each moment, the special occasions and the mundane alike. Blessings to you!

In His Love, Karrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Karrie Drake Photography